Using regular soap for cleansing the face is one of the most common mistakes, that we observe, and our advice is for you to quit! “Oh, but it is the only thing that makes my face feel clean!” has become a common response…really? Does that feeling of incredible dryness that follows make you feel good?
As a rule of thumb: if you feel the need to immediately apply a moisturizer after cleaning, it means you are damaging your skin.
In its natural state our skin is perfectly well equilibrated. Trouble starts when we take that away by using the wrong products.
There is a kind of film in the natural state on the skin, the hydro-lipid film. This film is made of water (perspiration) and fat (sebum). It is intended to keep the skin supple and protect it.Soap will strip this film.What needs to be understood is that soap, just like dishwashing detergent has a very high pH, It’s an alkaline.It will therefore made your skin alkaline. This translate into the next 30 minutes to an hour of exposing your skin to all types of bacteria and irritants, especially for those with acne. There is a such a wide variety of cleansers available to us…I highly recommend using one of the following methods depending on your skin type
THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD #1 (mature skin)
- Pour a generous amount of your selected oil
- Massage your face with the oil for a minute or longer.
- Hold a face cloth under pouring hot water and squeeze until damp but steaming.
- Put cloth over your face and hold until it has cooled.
- Rinse off with water (YOU WILL NOT HAVE A GREASY AFTERFEEL)
- Moisturize face.
My secret is to avoid tap water which is very hard and limestone and which weakens and dries up the skin
The double layering or double cleansing is very popular (all skin types)
- Massage your cleansing oil into skin for 30 seconds
- The goal is nourish dry skin
- It will remove any excess sebum on mix or oily skin types
- Once you apply water it will emulsify and you can then rinse off
- Apply a Water based cleanser
- Favor circular motions on face and neck.
- Rinse and moisturize
Step one allows you to remove make up and other impurities thanks to oil
Step two allows you pamper your skin and treat problems like dehydration and redness
PS: Once a week: Deep Exfoliation
Gently exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation is a process of gently rubbing the skin to remove dirt and dead skin cells. By exfoliating your skin in this way, you will prevent the pores from getting clogged and you will help the skin of your face to look cooler and lighter