Elastin protein, the true architect to your skin!!
The top 9 things that damage our skin and how can we protect it?
- Skin is an organ that protects us from damages that can occur. Stops bacteria from entering our bodies, regulates our body temperature by the process of sweating,
- It is estimated that over 50% of the damage that is done to our skin are the effects of our environment
- Not that there is not chronological aging involved, and that there have many theories behind what the natural process is.
- But Climate: for example dry air, causes moisture to evaporate and therefore giving us dry skin
- Ozone layer: keeps getting thinner and thinner and therefore exposing us to UV damage
- Smoking: which constricts blood vessels therefore slowing the delivery of nutrients to the skin
- Alcohol: dehydrates skin
- Stress: causes hormonal shifts
How to protect skin from all those damages
- High usage of antioxidants :
- Wear sunscreen when going to the sun
- Eat functional foods: we will define these in details in the next show. But think about them as food that not only have nutritional value but also, serve as part of skin care