- Chocolate as a way to relieve stress: Studies show that consuming 40 gr of dark chocolate every day for 14 days will help lower stress hormones in most individuals.
- After analyzing the results of 7 studies in which 114,000 people participated, scientists from the University of Cambridge have reached a conclusion: it is sufficient to consume high-dose chocolate to reduce by 37% the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. The protective effects of dark chocolate on the cardiovascular system are mainly due to its flavonoids. They have the power: to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, to increase the good cholesterol, to prevent the oxidation of the bad and to reduce it, to prevent blood platelets from aggregating, to improve the elasticity of the wall of the blood vessels.
- Chocolate contains many vitamins (B3 and C, for example) and minerals, such as manganese, magnesium, potassium, selenium and copper. There are also flavonoids, very antioxidant substances that are found in anthocyanins, these molecules that give their purple-black color to plants (blackberries, eggplants, black currants, etc.). By various chemical reactions, all these elements act as powerful antioxidants
- Hair regrowth Mask: 1 bar of dark chocolate- 2 spoonsfuls of coconut oil – 1 spoonful of ground red pepper. In a bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil, reduce heat and let cool down. Apply mask all over hair and scalp- let sit for 20 minutes. Wash as usual. Do this once weekly, for a full volume of hair. Chocolate contains Magnesium, which helps to regrow thick hair.
- mature skin requires more attention. To slow the aging of the skin, there are natural assets that, in the form of masks, can be very effective provided they are applied quickly to prevent them from oxidizing. Discover 3 natural skin care recipes and face mask for mature skin.
Here is a quick at home DIY with Chocolate
The antioxidant face mask with chocolate
Wrapping, exfoliation, care and facial mask, chocolate is the star product of natural cosmetics. It is suitable for mature skin because it protects free radicals responsible for aging skin. Ingredients : 50 g dark chocolate 1 drop of coconut oil 2 drops of geranium essential oil
Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bain-marie or microwave. Once this mixture has cooled, add the essential oil. Then apply the mask on the face using a brush avoiding the eye area and lips. Leave for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse with clear water.