7 PROPERTIES THAT SET MANDELIC ACID APART FROM AHA’S
What is mandelic acid?
Mandelic acid, according to its INCI name, is a member of the Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA family: the famous fruit acids that is sometimes of natural origin.
It is extracted from bitter almond, the non-edible fruit of the wild almond tree.
- Mandelic acid to restore clear and luminous skin
Like other AHAs, mandelic acid is a natural exfoliant with keratolytic and non-mechanical action. it is able to detach and dissolve dead cells on the surface of the skin without plastic microbeads, by chemically breaking the bonds between keratinocytes.
- By causing desquamation of the stratum corneum, it accelerates cell renewal for a real new skin effect.
Even complexion, smooth skin texture, pigmentary brown spots or diminished acne scars, erased irregularities: the best for complexion radiance!
- Versatile and milder. What sets mandelic acid apart from other AHAs? Its high molecular weight. Since its molecules are the largest of all fruit acids, it cannot penetrate the epidermis as deeply or as quickly as the others. this gives less wow efficiency than with smaller AHAs, such as glycolic acid. This is one I recommend for Brown and black skin!
- Mandelic acid is an astringent: it moderates excess sebum from the sebaceous glands, tightens dilated pores, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory: it treats and prevents the appearance of imperfections,
- Stimulating the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid: fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, the epidermis regains elasticity, firmness and tone.
- Purifying, regenerating and gentle: mandelic acid is the ideal cosmetic active ingredient for dull complexions, congested or tired looking skin
- Mandelic acid regulates, cleans and removes impurities and bacteria from combination to oily skin prone to imperfections. Thereby removing blackheads
It frequently accompanies salicylic acid in treatments for acne-prone skin.
THE ONLY CAUTION IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FRUIT ACIDS OR AHA”S AS SOON AS YOU FEEL SOME TINGLING IT IS TIME TO WASH IT OFF
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!