The best and quickest way to find out if your skin is dehydrated is to, take this test:
Place your finger flat on your cheek, and go up, a little bit, towards your eye:
If small white parallel lines appear, they are streaks of dehydration.
They appear not because of age, but because of a lack of water in your skin.
In this case it is imperative that you take steps to hydrate your skin.
You can do this in two ways for a full cycle of 28 days.
- Appropriate cosmetic care:
How to choose the best natural moisturizer?
- Optimal internal hydration.
Here are 4 ways to hydrate your skin from the inside out:
1- With hydrating foods: Our body loses between 2L and 2.5L of water per day. This physiological loss is mainly compensated for by food. In particular thanks to fruits and vegetables which ensure good food hydration.
A diet rich in fruits, vegetables but also dairy products is much more hydrating than that rich in proteins and starches.
To help you balance your menus, here are the top 10 most hydrating foods:
- Cucumber: 96% water
- Salad: 95% water
- Zucchini: 94% water, and squash: 90% water • Tomato: 93-95% water
- Watermelon, Melon, Watermelon: 90-91% water
- Berries: Strawberry, 90% water
- Citrus fruits: grapefruit, lemon, orange, 89% water
- Apple: 84-85% water
- Dairy products: yogurt, cream cheese … around 80% water
During this period here are some food to avoid as they act as diuretics:
Pineapple- artichokes- mangos- grapes-asparagus
2 – With a regular supply of water throughout the day? The best advice is to drink water (vary between spring water, mineral water and tap water) or a moisturizing drink throughout the day, which works out to 8 to 10 glasses per day.
Hydrate regularly you can distribute them like this:
- When you wake in the morning try this on an empty stomach: 1 glass of water, mixed with lemon juice to cleanse your body this helps eliminate toxins, detoxifies the body while hydrating it.
Here is a good recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFvQoCZZ4w
- Breakfast: a bowl or cup of a hydrating drink.
- In the morning and in the afternoon: 2 glasses of water to stay well hydrated!
- Before lunch and dinner: 1 glass of water to aid digestion. Indeed, drinking water before meals helps to cleanse the colon, which allows it to better absorb nutrients.
- At bedtime: 1 glass of water to keep a good level of hydration overnight.
3 – With the best hydrating drinks: Drinking water can quickly become boring, even if you are already alternating with herbal teas, teas … Note that there are also other very hydrating drinks, which will also have many benefits for your body! Try : 1. Beetroot juice: rich in water of course but also in vitamins A, B and C, amino acids, minerals, antioxidants.
- Coconut water: particularly hydrating and rich in potassium.
- Aloe Vera juice: with its purifying and antioxidant properties, it is very beneficial.
- Fruit infused drinks: just add some fruit to the water! Like, for example, strawberries, watermelons, cucumbers, lemon, basil, mint, blueberries… the combinations are multiple and allow you to vary the pleasures!
4 – By avoiding foods and drinks that dehydrate: For optimal hydration, you must at the same time limit as much as possible the drinks and foods that will exacerbate the problem of dehydration. Avoid excess: • alcohol • sugary drinks • Stimulants: guarana, Coca-Cola