What is mature skin?
Mature skin shows the visible signs of aging of fine lines, wrinkles, dehydration, and dark spots.
What exactly happen for our skin to mature?
Cellular activity slows down with age. This natural phenomenon causes deficiencies in water, hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen in the epidermis and dermis. The Face and body lose firmness and radiance.
There are two types of skin aging: natural and induced.
Characteristics of mature skin
Mature skin shows significant losses in:
- Water and lipids, causing dryness of the skin
- Hyaluronic acid and collagen, causing sagging skin
- Deregulation of melanocytes causing hyper or hypopigmentation and spots.
Natural skin aging
With age, skin cells renew themselves less often. Cellular aging of the skin is natural when its causes are said to be intrinsic.
Three major factors lead to this natural phenomenon of cellular aging.
- oxidative stress
- instability of genetic material
- telomere shortening.
We can add to the list menopause, accelerating skin aging by hormonal deficiencies.
Induced Skin aging
Besides natural biological causes, external factors cause premature aging of the skin.
These so-called extrinsic phenomena are linked to your environment and your lifestyle.
Your skin ages prematurely under the effect of a few major external factors
- Smoking, suffocating the epidermis.
- exposure to UVA and UVB rays from the sun, causing skin elastosis.
So, what do we to keep our skin looking glowing and gorgeous?
Hydration is the secret to healthy mature skin. Here are our tips for taking this crucial step in your life as a woman on a high note and keeping beautiful skin after menopause.
SERUMS ARE A NECESSARY STEP AT EVERY AGE https://www.morgannasalchemy.com/product/serum-trio-collection/
Providing and maintaining water, a balanced diet, physical activity: these are the golden rules of your new mature special care and beauty ritual.
To keep beautiful skin as it matures, you need to provide it with good hydration. Starting in the morning with a gentle cleanser that will respect the skin barrier.
Once a week microdermabrasion. By removing the dead cells that clutter the outer layer of the epidermis, your skin is ready to absorb the care you provide.
Then apply a facial treatment and body cream specially formulated for mature or menopausal skin (products containing hyaluronic acid, carotenoids, vitamins and / or trace elements).
- Nutrition – It is necessary to rehydrate the skin in depth with suitable active ingredients and to restore the hydrolipidic film, to better protect the skin from external aggressions and prevent skin dryness.
- Our Morganna’s 10 years younger in 30 days kit is a complete system to address the aging issues all at once.
- Stimulate the natural production of collagen to firm the tissues and act on sagging. Your skin will be plumped. Stem cells are amazing anti-aging ingredients for this.
- Stimulate the natural production of elastin fibers to restore suppleness to your skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Harmonize skin pigmentation and improve skin microcirculation to reduce white or brown spots, and even out skin tone.
No sun exposure without protection
When you think of the sun you think, cream or sun spray with maximum protection factor. This recommendation is more than a beauty trick. Mature skin, whatever its complexion, is extremely sensitive to sunlight.
Choose moisturizing sunscreens with Vitamin C. You benefit from a quadruple moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-aging, and anti-UV protection.