The skin on the neck is much thinner than that of the face and these regions also contain fewer sebaceous glands. Without a natural emollient to nourish and protect it, it dries up easily and becomes vulnerable to degradation.
Here are 7 ways to help keep it gorgeous
- Use a clay mask
Clay masks help firm the neck, as they eliminate excess sebum thanks to their absorbent properties. In this case, do use white kaolin clay it contains Silicium which is very good for firming skin and leaving it purified and detoxified.
- Stimulate blood circulation
This practice inspired by yoga involves lightly and regularly pinching the skin while stimulating it, to activate blood circulation and therefore prevent premature neck aging or firming it up. This is more aimed at prevention than treatment of neck aging
- Try the “Kiss the Sky” method
This is an easy exercise to do every day. This exercise is perfect for firming the neck and avoiding a double chin. Sitting upright on your bed, tilt your head back and bring your lower jaw forward to put tension on the skin of the neck. Then take a deep breath and stretch your neck, puckering your lips as if you were to kiss the sky. Hold this position for ten seconds. Repeat three times releasing the tension and remember to breathe.
- More exercises for firming the neck:
Step 1: Straighten and lift the neckline
- Apply the cream from the center of the neckline to the shoulders.
- Place the palms of your hands on the upper chest
- Make a fan with your fingers starting with the index finger
Step 2: Smooth the neck
- Apply the cream up the neck
- Place the palms of your hands on either side of the neck
- Stretch the skin for an immediate tightening effect
- Remember your posture: keeping a dancer’s head is a daily routine.
EXTRA TIP: Did you know? Our outfits can have an impact on wrinkles and even contribute to the premature aging of our epidermis. For example, wearing a sweater that’s too tight, which will rub against the skin all day long, is absolutely not recommended.
- ADD Beta-Carotene to your diet and to your skincare
According to a recent study by the American Institutes of Health, it is enough to combine beta-carotene, found in many foods, and vitamin A, to be able to prevent and repair skin aging. This is why we often find it in the main ingredients of many anti-aging moisturizers and sunscreens. Beta-carotene has been shown to prevent the sun’s ultraviolet rays from damaging and aging the skin, while vitamin A stimulates the production of collagen and elastin fibers in the epidermis.
- Beta-carotene and vitamin A are found in foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, melon and apricots.
- The recommended daily allowance for vitamin A and beta-carotene is 30 milligrams
- Do get into the habit of properly applying to your cream
For the neck, heat the cream in our hands and apply it in small circles, from the center outwards, joining fingers behind the jaws. For the neckline, start by massaging horizontally, from the inside to the outside, keeping the hands flat. We then go vertically, from the bottom of the chest to the neck: the upward movement stimulates the cells responsible for the flexibility and support of the décolleté. Repeat the gesture until the cream has penetrated.
No products found which match your selection.