“The biological equivalent of paint stripper” says The British Skin Foundation
benzène-1 4-diol (DO NOT EVER PUT IT ON YOUR SKIN)
Skin depigmentation has become a dangerous planetary mode of diacetyl-boldine or kojic acid.
But to make bleaching more powerful, manufacturers are quick to add banned substances without mentioning it.
It is most often hydroquinone, more rarely mercury derivatives.
All these products act by desquamation (the skin peels) or by preventing the synthesis of melanin, this pigment produced by the cells which protects the skin from the rays of the sun.
Depigmenting your skin is not natural. Your color is the result of specific and unique genetic criteria. There is no way to radically transform your criteria without risking your health.
Aggressive or toxic products should never be applied to your skin in order to lighten it. Certain products based on hydroquinone – a chemical used in the textile industry to wash clothes – can be very dangerous. They can cause severe and deep burns, promote the appearance of certain cancers and irreversibly weaken the skin
It can cause contact eczema and irritation with repeated applications.
- It also happens that it produces the opposite effect to that sought: dark and permanent spots develop;
It can even cause ochronosis, a black blue discoloration of the skin, which then takes on a rough appearance. And the more the skin turns brown, the more the users looking for whiteness increase the doses. A vicious circle.
Prolonged use leads to irreversible degradation of the skin and major health hazards such as:
Reducing the production of melanin, a natural filter, weakens the skin’s resistance to the sun’s rays.
- Scarring more difficult.
- A more pronounced appearance of acne, stretch marks and pigmentation spots.
- Hyper pigmentation in the fingers and toes.
- Strong hairiness on the chest and beard (hyperpilosity).
- Mycoses and smells of fresh fish.
- A considerable increase in blood pressure (hypertension).
- Skin cancer.
Apply these good tips every day:
- Moisturize your skin morning and evening with care adapted to your skin type;
- Clean your skin morning and evening to rid it of its impurities;
- Exfoliate your skin with a gentle scrub, once or twice a week, to remove dead skin and blemishes;
- Protect your skin from the sun’s rays by applying care adapted to the amount of sunshine (face cream containing an SPF or sun protection) and by avoiding prolonged exposures.
- Make a decoction of dandelion root: Boil 30 minutes and let stand for 4 hours
- Never apply your perfume directly on your skin with photosensitizers. Eau de Cologne, on your scarves
A brief history on the origins of Hydroquinone
It was in 1936 that Oettel.H observed a lightening of hair in black cats whose drinking water was supplemented with hydroquinone: the depigmenting action of hydroquinone was discovered! This molecule has been used in therapy, since 1961, in acquired hypermelanoses (melasma, senile lentigos). Its effectiveness is proportional to its concentration (it is used at concentrations between 2 and 5%, even With regard to its mechanism of action, hydroquinone is able to decrease the epidermal melanin content by competitive inhibition of tyrosinase. In addition, it induces mitochondrial alterations and degradations of melanosomes in melanocytes.
The second generation of depigmenters was that of hydroquinone ethers, the properties of which were discovered by chance. Hydroquinone benzyl ether was used as a rubber vulcanizer and the black workers who handled it systematically showed depigmentation of the forearms in contact with the product. Hence the tests carried out not only with benzyl ether but also with other ethers, in particular monomethyl ether. These ethers, very widely applied, were able to cause temporary depigmentation for concentrations close to 10% and a duration of application of a few weeks. They led to definitive depigmentations with destruction of the melanocytes for concentrations of 20 to 25% and twice-daily applications for approximately two years.
This substance is banner in the EU, Australia, Japan, China, UK , Africa and not by chance. They have all deemed it a dangerous molecule. Please do not apply it to your skin.