Lymph is somewhat of a mystery for most of us; this fluid like substance is made up of water, protein and white blood cells and flows just below the skin, collecting toxins that get eliminated when we sweat or urinate. When lymph flow becomes sluggish (the result of stress, inflammation, poor diet, lack of exercise or surgery), toxins hang around in the body longer. You may see puffiness, dull skin, dark circles, or water retention, or feel tenderness and swelling around your lymph nodes. Restore healthy lymph flow and you’ll rev up your internal detox. They will ask you what you’ve been doing to have such wonderful glow?
- Breathe deeply through the nose and release through the mouth.
- Softly press all finger tips in the middle of the clavicle bones
- Put the right hand on the left side of the neck and vice versa. Then slowly, press down from the ear all the way to the shoulder ( once each side)
- Slowly press with the thumb tips at the junction between neck and the jaw line. Twice
- Do the same for the chin twice
- Place the hands near the ears and slide while slightly pulling skin, go back up near the ears
- Repeat step 4 ( twice)
- Apply all fingertips on the temples twice
- With each middle finger slowly pull towards your temples, under the eyes, nose and ears
- Press on the temples and on jaw twice
- With the palms slide once on the neck of the ears
Watch our anti-aging tip of the week video: