The great debate about natural vs. synthetic products is still on.
In my personal opinion we should always opt for natural as much as possible and here are the reasons why:
- Your body uses and metabolizes natural substances better. Nature offers whole and complex substances; science dissects them and separates their elements. Whole substances contain all that is needed to be effective; chemicals that have been isolated can upset the body.
- Natural ingredients are effective; they nourish and help and can be formulated to target specific needs without causing irritation or inflammation.
- Your skin absorbs what you put on it: Our skin is more than a simple surface “dressing”, in direct contact with the environment, it is a real living organ, a dynamic interface between the outside and the inside of our body. It protects our body from external aggressions by forming a shield against direct trauma (shocks, friction) and against the action of chemical agents.
- It also contributes to the immunity of our body by protecting it against the penetration of microorganisms. Choosing organic cosmetics means protecting our skin and our health.
- A large part of what we apply to our skin is absorbed into the body; this is scientifically illustrated by nicotine, hormonal or painkiller patches … In the same way, that a part of synthetic and chemical components “conventional” cosmetics permeate our tissues and accumulate there. The body does not recognize these foreign substances and is disrupted in function. These synthetic substances are still present in our products in low quantities, the cocktail and accumulation effects are unfortunately neglected. They can then, over time, cause skin reactions (eczema, contact dermatitis and other pleasures) and further disrupt the functioning of our body. Using only natural herbal products will reduce your ingestion of toxic chemicals.
- We should protect the planet. Not only do industrial cosmetics affect us, but they also affect the planet. Plastic bottles fill landfills; some chemicals find their way into the water, affecting even the reproduction of the fish population. Nano-particles also disturb the marine environment, lakes, rivers and streams
- Natural cosmetics are formulated from natural ingredients whose active ingredients are just as effective as those resulting from chemical reactions. Certain natural products have been known for thousands of years for their benefits (the use of honey or aloe vera, for example)