Fill your belly without packing many calories with the super fruit Mango.
Yes, it is part of the top ten super fruits! And here are some of the top reasons why Mangos can improve your health:
- Aphrodisiac: Mango has aphrodisiac qualities and is also called the ‘love fruit’. Mangoes increase the virility in men. Vitamin E, which is abundantly present in mangoes, helps to regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive
- Immune Booster: Thanks to high levels of vitamin C, mangoes make for an easy way to boost the immune system.
- Diet Aid: Since mangoes are high in fiber and low in calories, they are great for dieting.
- Energy Booster: B vitamins, such as B1, B2, B5, B6, niacin and folate, can all be found. Mangoes also contain Vitamin K, which is essential for bone strength.
- Body Scrub: Make a paste of mashed mango, honey and milk and use as a body scrub, you will feel that your skin is tender and smooth. Get your own Mango butter body and facial lotions in the store.
- Digestion and Elimination: Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein because of its fibrous nature.
Remember that one cup (225 gm. contain) contains 105 calories!
Simple summer Mango recipe ( not fully ripe)
- 4 Mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 60 ml Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot soup
- Salt and Pepper
Prep Place mango cubes in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the lime juice and olive oil. Add red pepper, cilantro, shallots, salt and pepper. Mix and pour over the mango. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.