Around 30% of adults age 35 to over 50, report having the occasional breakout or just plain old suffer from acne due to oily skin. Oily skin concerns almost every skin type and every person.
Sebaceous glands produce sebum on the skin. When there is an over production of sebum, it clogs the pores on your skin.
Through the oxygen that is in the air they turn into black heads and, acne.
Male hormones favor the production of sebum
Here is a list we have compiled to help you minimize these breakout and the formulation of black heads.
- The use of aggressive cleansing systems: Brushes, AHA’s BHA’s , purifying masks etc. use soft mousse
- Never forget to remove your makeup. We have all been guilty of this, but try cleansing oil. No cleansing wipes, use a soft cloth designated only for your face.
- Not hydrate your skin enough. Your skin is glowing, looks to oily; it might be because it is dehydrated. Sebum is there to protect your skin, it is produced every day. Use a very moisturizing emulsion with Mango butter, reapply if needed
- Don’t Be afraid to use vegetable oils. They can be great for oily skin, try light ones. Nourish your skin with Nigell oil, or Jojoba oil. 3 drops heat in your hands and apply during one minute.
- PUT AWA THE Mattifying products, powders, mattifying creams its an aggression on your skin, and it makes the sebum just come back because you are annoying your skin.
- When you are using prescribed medications such as retinoids, anti acne etc: put it only on the spot where it is needed. As soon as you are better, forget about those products!!! They break the skin barrier and provoque dehydration
- Stop switching products constantly. Try a a new products for at least two cycle of 3 weeks , if it works stay with this product
- Purifying masks: Clay etc… we will talk about this in a separate blog post (SERIOUS ACNE) apply 2 drops of oil, apply the green clay a thick coat, NEVER EVER LET IT DRY. IF you have serious acne with REDNESS and sensitivity try the yellow or white clay instead
- Cleanliness: Wash your hair, it can bring oil to your skin, do not touch your face, (bacteria) do not add wash your hands) Wash your brushes, Use your own towel dedicated to your face only
Change your diet (NO CHICK FILLET) No dairy…. Fruits and vegetables (carrots are best eaten cooked they give you 5 times more Provitamin A, haricots blanc, Omega3 linseed oil a small teaspoon full, selenium, zinc.