To begin with let’s address the elephant in the room. Is the cosmetics industry contributing to the disappearance of this plant? Not at Morganna’s Alchemy.
Yes, our Bakuchiol is sustainable and sourced from a company that works very closely with the Indian government to assure that it is properly harvested in farms dedicated to sustainability.
Our Babchi oil is cold pressed to keep all of the qualities of the oil.
Research and studies are now telling us that we do not need to use a huge amount of Bakuchiol in the end product to get results that are comparable to retinol, in fact 0.5% is quite sufficient.
It is estimated that over 3 species of plants have been disappearing every century, and because of its slow growth rate some scientists started to suggest that it might become an endangered plant.
With that here are our top reasons, why it’s a great natural ingredient
On what types of skin should bakuchiol be used?
Not only is this Ideal for rejuvenating skin, correcting imperfections such as dark spots or acne without side effects, bakuchiol is good for all skin types. It is suitable for delicate and reactive skin as well as for oily and combination skin. However, it is particularly suited for, mixed-race or brown and black skin, which is more sensitive to the harmful effects of vitamin A.
Derived from a plant native to India and Sri Lanka, it has been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for centuries, despite only recently just becoming a mainstream skincare ingredient. Scientists have only recently discovered that it can be comparable to retinol. Despite the two having very different molecular structures, bakuchiol has antioxidant properties that make it similar to retinol.
Finally, clean beauty is not just about paying attention to the quality of ingredients. It is also to favor brands that reduce their ecological footprint and increase their efforts in terms of sustainability. Choosing “clean beauty” means both taking care of your skin and the planet.
Does bakuchiol have any contraindications?
This active has no contraindications. For optimal effectiveness, combine bakuchiol with the other elements of your beauty routine. You can use it as a cream, mask or serum. Choose the product best suited to your daily ritual in order to effectively eliminate imperfections on your skin. In addition to fighting acne, bakuchiol boosts collagen production and reduces fine lines. Reducing age spots, it makes the skin more elastic and firmer. It can be used by pregnant women
- This molecule, has now been and, is still the subject of several studies. But it is already recognized as a good alternative to retinol.
– It is a kind of vegetable retinol
Bakuchiol is an effective anti-aging active when dosed between 0.5% and 2%.
This molecule can be used alone or combined with other anti-aging active ingredients such as peptides or niacinamide for a synergistic effect.
Indeed, it acts on cell renewal, protects the collagen and elastin fibers of the skin and soothes inflammation. A real collagen booster, it helps preserve the firmness of the skin
- 4. It is particularly well tolerated, by sensitive skin, bakuchiol is essential to integrate into skin care. And above all, it is not photosensitizing like its synthetic cousin, ie it will not increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun. However, we do not recommend that you go out without sun protection. The sun’s UVA rays have been shown to promote skin aging and can cause skin damage: for this reason alone, applying sunscreen should always be part of your daily morning routine.
In addition, bakuchiol has good photostability: this means that this active ingredient does not lose its effectiveness or disintegrate under the action of UV rays. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it also protects the skin against free radicals.
- 5. Bakuchiol does not clash with other active ingredients, which is why it can be used in combination with other cosmetic active ingredients. Be careful, however, it is not recommended to use enzymatic or chemical scrubs (with acids) in the same skincare routine where you have applied bakuchiol, at the risk of increasing the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
Discover our 24 Carrot Glow and what gives the actual glow to your skin https://www.morgannasalchemy.com/product/24k-glow/
- 6. Psoralea corylifolia extract stimulates the production of collagen, thus preserving the strength, flexibility and firmness of connective tissue for a real anti-aging action. At the same time, the regeneration of the upper layers of the skin is favored, for a more luminous and homogeneous appearance. In this way, dark spots are reduced and the complexion therefore appears revitalized and firmed overall.
- 7. Bakuchiol is also great for acne and is meant to seriously compete with the widely used salicylic acid. It is in fact active on the four stages of the acne process: it minimizes the accumulation of comedogenic material in the pores, fights against excessive sebum production, has anti-inflammatory properties and has a positive effect on pigmentation linked to acne. inflammation