What are Expression Lines?
Expression Lines are from using the muscles in our face due to everyday emotions and motions. When we smile, drink out of a straw, open our eyes, frown, think, being angry, or being surprised causes muscle contraction that causes folds or wrinkles in the epidermis. When skin gets golded in the same spot thousands and thousands of times the skin fibers eventually weaken. These skin fibers lose their ability to smooth out again once the movement stops.
When do we start to get them?
The skin aging process begins in our early twenties. From this age, the elasticity of the skin begins to decrease. The more time passes, the less the skin manages to regain its smooth appearance after a muscle contraction. Although this phenomenon is widespread we are not all equal when it comes to aging skin as our heredity, facial expressions, and lifestyle choices (smoking, sun exposure, etc.) do accelerate skin aging.
Where do they appear?
Expression Lines appear on the most expressive parts of the face.
- Forehead lines: run horizontally across the top of the T-zone.
- Worry/Eleven lines: create an “eleven” between the brows.
- Bunnies: run across the bridge of your nose between the eyes.
- Crow’s feet: radiate from the outer corners of the eyes.
- Laugh lines: create a parenthesis shape around the upper lip.
- Lip lines: form vertical hatches around the perimeter of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: frame the chin vertically, and as the cheeks droop, jowl wrinkles form.
How to treat Expression Lines:
There are many solutions for treating expression lines, but some methods are more effective than others. Many people at a later stage opt for injections but Morganna’s Alchemy has a wonderful extract derived from the Paracress flower oil, with which they make Spilanthol a natural anesthetic. Below are the recommended products to help fight aging and expression lines.
You can read more about our For Your 30’s Collection here: