Acne that affects mature women is a disease that affects the sebaceous glands. The question is why do we see this come back at age 50? among other health concerns? The main cause is linked to hormonal variations specific to more androgens and less estrogen means a significant increase in sebum, hence the possible development of acne.
The good news is that there are solutions to combat it.
How to avoid and treat it?
The first thing to do is to consult a dermatologist to determine the various treatments, sometimes synonymous with side effects that are not without risk.
For some women, the solution to acne is to wait for the pimples to go away spontaneously. However here a few steps you can take to clear up the breakouts.
- Temporarily add a cream rich in Vitamin A to regulate excess sebum.
- In moderate cases, a zinc-based treatment is effective. It helps reduce the secretion of sebum.
- Avoid cosmetics that are too greasy or occlusive. The skin must be clean and able to breathe.
Of upmost try to regain balance in the skin (and maintain that balance), importance is to add clay mask to your skincare routine
Here are a few natural allies.
1 Green clay, which can be purchased as a powder and mixed with a little water to form a mask. This absorbs excess sebum and can also calm inflammation.
2 Charcoal helps purify the skin. It is sold in different forms, particularly as a face mask.
3 Tea tree oil is one of the only essential oils that can be applied directly to the skin. It has quite a strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, so it’s useful for applying (with a cotton swab or makeup remover pad) to pimples and risk / problem areas. Unlike most pimple products, it does not dry out the skin. Used regularly, it will not only heal pimples faster, but also prevent new ones (since it treats the problem at the source).
Do not be discouraged, it can take between 4 and 6 weeks before you see concrete results.
The routine to establish.
- Cleanse the skin morning and night. With a mild cleanser. Most bar soaps are not suitable for acne-prone skin. We recommend the Morganna’s Brew Cleanser made for the most sensitive skin https://www.morgannasalchemy.com/product/morgannas-brew-cleanser/
- Exfoliate skin at least once a week. But with a gentle exfoliant, specially formulated for acne-prone skin. This will also benefit mature skin by ridding it of dead skin and restoring radiance.
- Adopt salicylic acid, in at least one of the products used (or more). This ingredient helps treat acne by working in the pores and is much milder than other commonly used active ingredients (such as benzoyl peroxide).
- Apply a few mattifying and / or purifying masks every week with green clay
- Apply a specific cream with anti-bacterial properties: Meet the ultra-rare Djon Djon Mushroom, Haiti’s Black Gold. Rich in adaptogens, proteins, polysaccharides, ash, massive amounts of minerals, vitamins, and prebiotics that will revitalize, hydrate, and detox your skin. CBD (Cannabidiol) rich in Omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids and Vitamin E moisturizes and soothes redness and irritation while preventing visible signs of aging and breakouts.
- Give preference to anti-aging serums rather than very rich skin care creams. Our Serum trio will fit perfectly in your routine as they target anti aging https://www.morgannasalchemy.com/product/serum-trio-collection/http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaO4vKo4Fshttp://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaO4vKo4Fs