Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, which is an antibiotic substance that is produced by the plant when it is attacked by a microorganism. Its release in the plant helps limit the spread of damage caused by aggression.
Resveratrol is a chemical molecule from the polyphenol family. Polyphenols are molecules present in plants, known for their antioxidant properties.
This molecule exists in two different forms: a cis- form and a trans- form. We are talking about isomers. It is the trans- form which has the most effective antioxidant action and the one that we use in our Morganna’s Express Spot remover
What are the properties of resveratrol?
There are over 3 million studies currently that have been done showing its beneficial properties and how Resveratrol is now considered to be a “Youth Molecule”
- The properties of resveratrol may not only confer cardiovascular benefits in grapes and red wine, but also be the source of the therapeutic potential of several fruits, super-foods and medicinal plants.
- Antioxidant power. Resveratrol is often touted as a powerful natural antioxidant. And for good reason, since numerous studies have shown it to be able to oppose the accumulation of free radicals, these hyperactive elements responsible for a lot of damage within the body.
- Anti-aging effects. Its antioxidant properties give it an anti-aging action. By countering the damage caused by free radicals, resveratrol helps to fight against the premature aging of body tissues. In addition, some studies show that it may be able to activate certain longevity genes. It is for these different reasons that this active principle is used in cosmetic anti-wrinkle creams.
- Anti-inflammatory activity. Several studies have shown that it limits the secretion of pro-inflammatory substances. In this way, it can reduce or even prevent certain inflammatory reactions
- Anti-cancer action. Studies show that its anti-inflammatory activity also helps it fight against the development of cancer cells. This anti-cancer action of resveratrol has aroused the interest of many specialists.
IT’S A GREAT SHIELD. “it is also effective against pigment disorders by inhibiting an enzyme that causes dark spots,” adds Dr. Baxter
Resveratrol protects us from oxidation, this process of cell alteration caused in part by external aggressions and which the body cannot channel. Four out of five wrinkles are due to this phenomenon.
A study published in The Lancet shows that the antioxidant power of these molecules would be 10,000 times more effective than that of vitamin E. To benefit from it, do not put your nose outside without having applied a dab of cream rich in this substance on your face, cleavage.
Resveratrol fights Glycation: A phenomenon of “caramelization” of fibers under the effect of sugar which leads to the intensification of wrinkles and to an accelerated loss of elasticity and firmness. It is again a surprising capacity of protection that this marvelous molecule offers.
It also stimulates the production of two kinds of collagen. Type I collagen, present in the deep dermis, which maintains the skin. As well as type III collagen, present between the cells, which ensures the density and the “bounce” of our features.
To understand the actions of Resveratrol we must also understand oxidation in particular skin oxidation.
What is skin oxidation?
Take an apple, cut it, and leave it in the open air … after a few hours, its flesh turns brown and dries up. Its oxidized.
Unlike the apple, our skin naturally produces antioxidants to protect itself. But these molecules reduce activity when the body is exposed daily to oxidizing factors such as stress, fatigue, pollution, smoking and of course the sun. To defend itself, the skin emits free radicals, in excess. These are the ones that over the long term eat away at the cells of the epidermis and cause age spots, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, wrinkles, and folds.
Why use antioxidant treatments?
To combat this phenomenon of skin oxidation in a targeted manner. This is where the ‘Youth Molecules “ like Resveratrol come in.
Click here for Natalie’s testimonial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WExhJ00_-s&t=15s